Does this describe you right now?
You’ve been spinning your wheels trying to find new coaching clients and are feeling:
- Confused about how to spend your time
If so, my best advice is this:
🎯 Start with the sale.
Write out your sales process in a step-by-step breakdown starting from the sale (the actual transfer of money) and working back to awareness.
For each step in the process, ask yourself what needs to happen first.
You’ll find that the closer to the sale you are, the fewer activities are happening.
The further away you get from the sale, the more noisy and difficult it might be to track.
You should end up with activities that both you and your client are responsible for through these three stages:
What are the things that lead directly to your client taking out their wallet?
These might be:
– Visiting your sales page
– Booking a discovery call
– Reading an email about your current offer
How does this client learn to trust that you will be able to help them solve their problem or achieve their desire?
This might be:
– Consuming your content (e.g. blog, newsletter, podcast, YouTube, or social media)
– Getting a referral from someone they trust
– Engaging in some of your free activities (e.g. challenges, workshops, social media groups)
How does this client find out about you and what you do in the first place?
This might be:
– Hearing you speak at an event or in an interview
– Performing a search on Google, YouTube, or Pinterest for solutions to a specific problem
– Seeing an ad online, in a magazine, or in person
– Seeing connections of theirs commenting or engaging with your content on social media
These examples are just some of the ways you might address the process.
(Don’t try to do them all at once.)
Your own solution will be custom to your business, skill sets, and clients.
You’ll want to try things, measure the results, and iterate or try something new.
But above all, you want to start with the sale.
At the CONVERT stage, find out how many people engaged with those steps.
– How many sales page visits do you have?
– How many people signed up for a discovery call?
– How many opened the email?
Now, based on those numbers, what do you need to change?
Do you need to:
– Create more content that directly sends people to the sales page?
– Change the language of the copy on your website?
– Get more people in your email list?
Once you’ve made some optimizations to this stage, move on to NURTURE and ATTRACT to repeat the process.
It’s important to know that this process never ends.
Over time, you’ll see the results of the different tweaks you’ve made to your marketing and sales process.
You’ll have more confidence, feel less confused, and understand precisely what your Most Important Activities are to create a continuous pipeline of coaching clients.
So take action, map it out, test out one improvement in your sales process, and start measuring the changes today.
If you’d like some help walking through this process, we can work on it together in one of my Growth Strategy Intensives.